Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you, I am able to collect a commission if you make a purchase through the link. I only include links for products that me and my family actually use and endorse.
I’m a firm believer that every family needs a home library. If you are feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the book choices, I’d like to help you out and give you a place to start!
Let me warn you that becoming a homeschool mom has given me an excuse to indulge in my book obsession!
You see, we need books for every subject and for leisure reading! Books for mom and books for baby. Books on the Bible and books on teaching. And of course we need the classics and our favorite children’s series… oh my, the list goes on and on!
I’ve found the best way to stock my home library with children’s books is to buy series collection books. Like this Disney Princess Storybook Collection. They are cheaper than buying individual stories and they tend to be sturdier too. Let me say thank goodness Amazon has reasonably priced books (both new and used), otherwise our single income budget would be in serious trouble!
So to help you get your library started, I’ve compiled a list of 25 family-friendly book series. All of the book series in this list are ideal for preschool through elementary aged children, and they are all Christian-family friendly!
Below is a list of 20 + children’s series books to add to your home library.
Keep reading to grab your FREE printable checklist!
- Berenstain Bears – Books for every season, topic, and mood!
- Little Critter
- Magic School Bus – A staple in our homeschool science program!
- Curious George
- Clifford The Big Red Dog
- Amelia Bedelia – picture books and chapter books
- Llama Llama – Available in board books too!
- Arthur – PBS and Amazon Prime have a wide selection of Arthur cartoons to go with the book series!
- Magic Tree House – Great starter chapter books.
- Abeka reading books – Broken down into reading levels and subjects.
- Frog and Toad
- “Who was…” series – Biography series in kid-friendly sized stories!
- Little Bear
- If You Give A… series
- Disney classics
- Judy Moody – My daughter’s fave!
- Little House
- Fancy Nancy
- Veggie Tales – SO many DVDs to go with the books!
- Dr. Seuss books
- Eric Carle books
- Richard Scarry books
- Shel Silverstein books – Where The Sidewalk Ends is my personal fave!
If you like what you are reading, please sign up for The Industrious Momma’s newsletter – Honest Momma Moments… and be the first to get my new blog posts!